About Us

I hope to share with ya'll the miracles, hardships, and escapades of life with my 5 boys and my husband. Each of the boys, Alec, Jordan, Nick, Xander and Aidan will be introduced to ya'll through my writings. My wish is to describe each member of the family through my writings so that you have a feel for who we are as a whole and as individuals.





Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Are They White as Snow?

Something spectacular happened Sunday evening, snow fell in Georgia.  A lot of snow fell, well a lot for us anyway.  Between Sunday night and Monday about six inches.  These six inches have basically shut down life as we know it here. With a house full of boys, snow means fun fun fun!  Sledding, snowball fights, snowmen, snow angels.  So much fun to be had for all the boys. 

This time, though, the snow means something different for me.  Looking out the window Sunday evening at the world covered in a beautiful blanket of clean white snow, I was reminded of the song "Washed in the Blood".  The lyrics "are your garments spotless are they white as snow" fill my heart with such joy each time I hear them. 

I realized in that perfect moment of stillness that I have been too wrapped up in all of the everyday things to allow myself to hear what the Lord is trying to tell me.  I took that moment to praise Him for blanketing this part of the world in cleansing snow that reminds me of how wonderful He is and how forgiving.  It was as if he not only covered the ground outside, but my heart and soul as well.    He was giving us all a fresh start.

Memories filled me and brought my heart to bursting.  Thoughts of  Nick opening his heart to the Lord and accepting Him as his saviour in the pastor's office that wonderful morning; thoughts of Xander asking for forgiveness in children's church and accepting the Lord into his heart; thoughts of my sweet Aidan who simply listened to me read Matthew 8:23-27 and then asked the Lord to be his saviour too.  I also thought of myself and how I felt when I accepted the Lord as my saviour.

I realized in that perfect moment that God as seen me worthy of such marvelous blessings.  I begged His forgiveness for not giving Him myself as He gave for me.  I thanked Him for the blessings that He has bestowed upon me even though I have taken Him for granted.  My faith was rekindled in that one perfect moment late on Sunday evening.

I hope that you will take a moment or two to really enjoy the snow as I have.

Much Love ~ Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment